EDUCATION BS Computer Science – Southwest Texas State University
CURRENT ACTIVITIES: Contract web development. Design web pages and database/programming solutions using PHP, Linux, SQL databases, and other open-source web development tools.
February 2008 – Present Freelance Web Development and Design.
Provide web support and consulting to various clients. Services include Linux system administation, PHP/MySQL web programming projects, and web site design and enhancements.
March 2004 – January 2007 GOIN Internet Services Ava, MO
Web developer – Designed and implemented company Service Order Monitor, a web based application using PHP and MySQL to enter and track ongoing jobs and services provided by the company. Other duties included customer support and hardware troubleshooting and repairs.
September 1995 – February 2003 Union Pacific Railroad Omaha, NE
Oracle Database Administrator
Provided DBA support for a wide range of rail industry information systems.
Maintained on-line production database systems. Performed system monitoring and problem resolution. Performed database backup and recovery. Provided 24×7 on-call support for all Oracle applications at UP. Tuned databases and data access paths for enhanced performance.
Designed and implemented developmental database systems. Performed relational modeling, database stored procedure programming, and physical disk layout. Resolved data distribution /replication issues and interdatabase communications. Architected high availability solutions and disaster recovery plans.
Designed and implemented solutions to support company wide Oracle database infrastructure.
Web Application Developer
Designed and developed several Cold Fusion web applications including:
- Year 2000 Object Directory and Analysis
- Enterprise Computer Architecture Tracking
- Software Change Management Reservation System
- Data Resource Directory
- DBA Problem Logs.
March 1992 – September 1995 Data Transmission Network Omaha, NE
Sybase Database Administrator and Unix System Administrator
- Performed systems analysis and selected hardware, operating platforms, and application development tools to reengineer enterprise wide administrative systems from mainframe to client/server technology
- Project leader to design, implement and and administer 450 table integrated enterprise database to support Patron Information, Customer Service, Inventory, Order Entry, Shipping, Sales Accounting, Billing, and Collections.
- Installed and administered asynchronous database replication using Sybase Replication Server.
- Implemented disk striping and mirroring to enhance disk performance, fault tolerance, and high availability.
September 1985 – February 1992 USAF (Attained rank of Captain) Offutt Air Force Base.
Oracle Database Administrator, Data Engineer, Programmer
- Analyzed requirements, developed and implemented database management systems for Strategic Air Command (SAC) managers.
- Led team of four developers to design and deploy multi-user wide area network database to track small computer system requirements SAC wide.
- Oversaw system administration of Unix AT&T 3B2 Computer.
- Maintained and enhanced database interface to the SAC digital network, a $300 million multi-level secure global communications network.